Over 31,000 people have been displaced following inter-communal violence in Ganis town. Most of the displaced people are taking refuge in schools and public buildings. WFP plans to distribute 10 metric tons of half food rations. The National Health Insurance Fund in Blue Nile will provide health staff and medicines for the health units.
KHARTOUM AUGUST 8: Over 31,000 people have been displaced following inter-communal violence in Ganis town, Ar Rusayris locality, Blue Nile State. About 12,800 people have reportedly fled to Sennar State.
Most of the displaced people (75 per cent) are taking refuge in schools and public buildings, while the rest (25 per cent) are taking refuge within the host community. Humanitarian partners continue to provide the affected people with assistance.
WFP plans to distribute 10 metric tons (MT) of half food rations to an estimated 5,000 people in Ed Damazine area.
CAFA Development Organization distributed cooked meals to about 16,000 people and are planning to reach more people with the support of other NGOs.
The National Health Insurance Fund (NHI) in Blue Nile will provide health staff and medicines for the health units, while the Sudanese Red Crescent Society (SRCS) has provided eight volunteers for each health unit (two medical doctors, two pharmacists, one nurse, one medical assistant, and two lab technicians).
Health sector partners have provided emergency health supplies for about 30,000 people for three months. These supplies include three IEHKs; and some trauma kits. The Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH) deployed a surgical team to Blue Nile.
On 13 July 2022, inter-communal clashes erupted between members of the Hausa Tribe and the Hamaj and Barta tribes in several villages in Wad Al Mahi locality, Blue Nile State following the death of two people from the Hamaj tribe. Between 14 and 16 July, inter-communal violence spread to villages in Ar Rusayris locality. The government deployed security forces and imposed a curfew in Ar Rusayris and Ed Damazine from 18:00 to 06:00 hours the next day.
Image: Arsenie Coseac